Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Doorbox Ltd. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to Doorbox Ltd..
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
21. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
22. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
23. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
24. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
1. Parties to the contract
The contract is between you (The Customer) and Doorbox (Us) whose registered office is at 153 Roberts Wharf Leeds LS9 8DW. The goods shall be the products supplied by Us to The Customer according to these terms and conditions.
2. Descriptions, prices and product information
We have taken care to describe and show items as accurately as possible. Despite this, slight variations in items may occur. If there is anything which you do not understand or if you wish to obtain further information, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0113 216 3456.
If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price provided that we notify you before we despatch the item. In these circumstances, we will notify you of the correct price so you can decide whether or not you wish to proceed with the order process. If you decide not to order the item, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that item in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below.
All prices are shown on this website inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
3. Payment and acceptance
If you buy an item from Doorbox, you will be charged for that item in line with our payment policy in section 9 below. After this time, you cannot amend your order.
Your order is an offer to buy from us. Acceptance of this offer will take place on receipt of payment. Doorbox reserve the right not to accept orders. By making payment you accept our terms and conditions.
Delivery times are given in good faith and are an indication only. Please refer to our delivery page for full details on delivery areas and charges. We can not be held responsible for any direct or indirect expenses caused due to late delivery. We make every effort to deliver all your items within the specified period set and we will always do everything within our power to keep to a delivery date, but there may be circumstances beyond our control that cause delays. We shall contact you to let you know if we are having any problems getting a delivery to you within that time. Late delivery does not constitute a reason for The Customer to cancel the contract or refuse or delay payment. We also reserve the right to deliver the goods in more than one visit when deemed necessary.
You must be present to receive the delivery and sign for it. Should you not be present, a person or persons that you have previously notified us of must be present to accept and sign for the delivery on your behalf. Responsibility of the goods will not pass to you until we have delivered the goods and received a signature. From this time, risk of damage to, or loss of the items, passes to you. Ownership of the goods remains with Doorbox until payment in full has been made by you and received by us.
We advise you to inspect the goods upon delivery. If any items were lost or damaged in transit, we ask that you report it to us within 7 working days of delivery. Any claims submitted after this period will not be accepted. For full information about our lost/damaged goods returns policy please see section 8.2 below.
5. Cancellation of order
You have the right to cancel your order up to 7 working days after the day following the receipt of the goods by contacting us by either by telephone or email within this timescale. This right does not apply to custom built items such as cabinets, drilled doors, bespoke items or any goods that have been made to the customers specifications or clearly personalised. This right is also subject to our return procedure in section 8 below.
Orders for goods that are produced to your specification cannot be cancelled after the production process beings.
If the goods have not been dispatched or the production process has not begun, we will cancel the order and we will refund payment in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below.
Any goods that The Customer wishes to return must be done so to an address specified by us and at your expense, there is a 25% restocking charge to cover our admin costs. The goods must be received in a new and re-sellable condition. The responsibility for the goods remains with you until we have inspected the returned goods and confirmed that they are in acceptable condition. If you fail to return the goods upon our request, we will charge you the direct cost of the recovery of the goods (such as cost of van collection etc).
We will refund the price of the goods to you within 30 days of the date of cancellation, minus any recovery charges we have incurred as specified above, in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below.
You are responsible for specifying the requirements of any special or made to measure or bespoke items. In the case of made to measure items you remain liable for the full price of such items unless explicitly agreed by a director of the company.
Any missing items or faulty items that are reported within the appropriate timescale (detailed in section 8) will be dealt with in accordance with our returns policy in section 8 below.
We cannot accept any responsibility for works carried out by any third party installer. All liability for the selection of the installation company falls with you, The Customer.
Before working with electricity, gas or water you should always consult an appropriate professional electrician or CORGI-registered plumber. Always read and follow any relevant manuals and safety instructions. When working with electricity always turn off the mains.
In connection with building, Doorbox cannot advise on planning permission or building regulation issues. The customer is responsible for obtaining all necessary planning permission and local authority consents and permissions for any work to be carried out.
7. Refund policy
If you are entitled to a refund, we will refund you within 30 days as follows:
If you paid by payment/credit card, we will refund you using the same payment/credit card. Should you have paid by cheque (subject to absolute clearance being received) we shall refund you by your choice of cheque of bank transfer.
8. Returns policy and instructions
We hope that you will be happy with your purchases but should you wish to return or exchange an item please follow the instructions below:
Please let us know if you wish to return an item within 7 working days after the day following the receipt of the goods by contacting us by telephone or email.
Please note that your right to return an item does not apply to certain items unless the item has a manufacturing fault (in which case see section 8.2 below). Such items include:
Made to measure items such as cabinets, drilled doors and bespoke items.
Any goods that have been made to the customers specifications.
Any goods that The Customer wishes to return must be done so to an address specified by us and at your expense. The goods must be received in a new and re sellable condition, there is a restocking charge of 25% to cover admin costs. The responsibility for the goods remains with you until we have inspected the returned goods and confirmed that they are in acceptable condition, we will offer you a refund in accordance with our refund policy in section 5 above.
If you do not return the item as instructed within 28 days of cancellation, we may make a charge in respect of the cost of recovering (or attempting to recover) the item.
If you do not return an item after our reasonable attempts to recover it, you will be deemed to have accepted the item, at which point a new purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order at the price then set out on the Doorbox website. This does not affect your statutory rights.
9. Faulty Items
If you have any problems with your purchase, we can offer help and assistance.
Please call us on 0113 216 3456.
In the unlikely event of a defect in manufacturing or raw materials, we will replace the faulty item for you. Please refer to our returns policy to see how to return an item.
10. Lost / Damaged Items
If any items were lost or damaged in transit, we ask that you report it to us within 72 hours. Any claims after this period will not be accepted. If the items are visibly damaged on receipt, it's best to sign the carrier's delivery note accordingly. Damaged Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Once received back into our warehouse, we'll issue a replacement or full refund to you via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs. Please refer to our returns policy to see how to return an item or report missing item(s).
If a fault is caused by accident, misuse or negligence on your behalf, or it occurs outside the guarantee period, it will not be covered.
Nothing in section 8 affects your statutory rights.
If you would like further information about your legal rights, please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
By making a payment either through the website or over the phone you accept our terms and conditions.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque, Mastercard or Visa Credit Card, Maestro, Solo or Delta Debit Card and Visa Electron.
Your credit/debit card details will be encrypted by Doorbox to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time of order. If there is a problem taking payment for all or part of your order, we will contact you by telephone or email.
12. Our responsibility to you
If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you make the relevant order. Our products are for personal use only and our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
This section 10 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from any products sold being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
Our liability to you in connection with any order will not exceed the total price charged for the items.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these Product Terms & Conditions to any other person.
If you breach these Product Terms & Conditions and we choose to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Product Terms & Conditions.
We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Product Terms & Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
For your security, when ordering from Doorbox we only use Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) technology, to ensure you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
By registering any of your personal details with Doorbox, you are agreeing to allow us to contact you regarding any of our products or services. We will not pass on any of your personal details to third parties for marketing purposes.
These Product Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so in the United Kingdom.
14. Customer Services
We try very hard to exceed our customer expectations. In case we fail and you need to complain about our service then you can contact using one of the following methods:
Post: Customer Service, Doorbox, 153 Roberts Wharf, Leeds. LS9 8DW
Telephone: 0113 216 3456 (please see our contact page for operation hours).
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
27. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
28. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.